288 comments posted · 1 followers · following 0
Forcing equality of results means everyone becomes equally miserable, and is the antithesis of what the Founding Fathers wanted. Put down the Marx and read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers for a real glimpse into the intentions of the founders of this country. You'll find the libertarian/conservative ideology is MUCH closer to what they intended for us than the eventual tyranny that is created when Leftist ideology is followed to its conclusion.
God help us all, and damn the Republican establishment for putting up such a rotten slate of candidates in the first place, with few notable exceptions.
What about the now 50% of Americans (according to the CBO) who pay no income tax whatsoever, yet reap the lions share of all the benefits? Are they paying "their fair share"? Until everyone is paying into the system, your "fair share" argument is specious at best, and downright economically ignorant at worst.
The very fact that it is illegal makes it easier to obtain illegally by minors. And as for the spurious claims that it is a gateway drug...
A. It wouldn't be a gateway drug if it were legalized and regulated; the average person would not be put in contact with the elements of society that dealt in the harder stuff just to buy a bag of weed.
B. Going with the "use of one will lead to the use of the other" definition of gateway drugs, I'd bet good money that 100% of heavier drug users started out with the two legal substances, alcohol and tobacco, before moving on to the harder stuff.
C. If a person is already inclined to try harder stuff, he will. See my above comment about alcohol and tobacco.
But I will not support a man who deserves to have his family jewels crushed in an auto shop vise.
I'm not basing my statements on opinion. It's solid fact.
As well, where did I directly insult or condescend to you in any of my posts? Here it comes now, though, sweetie.
If you insist upon voting on one push button issue to the exclusion of all others in this election, you are an idiot. There is too much at stake. The future of our Republic hangs in the balance.
Just because he loves babies doesn't make him a conservative. He's a baby loving STATIST who should by all rights have a "D" in front of his name, and would, but for their stance on abortion.
Purely social conservatives (and I'm guessing you are one of them, judging from your adherence to labeling Rick Santorum as "conservative") are some of the most dangerous voters out there, because they claim the mantle while not believing the basic tenets.
Article I Section 8
The Congress shall have power:
- To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
- To provide and maintain a Navy;
- To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
- To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
- To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;